-In Eden, we see God's ideal relationship with us: Adam and Eve enjoyed an intimate friendship with God.
- when Jesus paid for our sins on the cross, the veil in the temple that symbolized our separation from God was split from top to bottom, indicating that direct access to God was once again available.
-Just as the nine months in my mothers womb weren't an end in themselves but preparation for life, so this life is preparation for the next.
-measured against eternity, out time on earth is just a blink of an eye, but the consequences of it will last forever.
-we can become best friends of God through constant conversation (sharing all your life experiences with Him)
- the key is to not change what you do but changing your attitude toward what you do.
-can become best friends of God through continual meditation
- when you think about a problem over and over in your mind that's called worry. When yout hink about God's word over and over in your mind, that's meditation.
-Friends share secrets, and God will share his secrets with you if you develop the habit of thinking about his Word throughout the day.
"Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises." Psalm 25:14
-- what can i do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?
- when Jesus paid for our sins on the cross, the veil in the temple that symbolized our separation from God was split from top to bottom, indicating that direct access to God was once again available.
-Just as the nine months in my mothers womb weren't an end in themselves but preparation for life, so this life is preparation for the next.
-measured against eternity, out time on earth is just a blink of an eye, but the consequences of it will last forever.
-we can become best friends of God through constant conversation (sharing all your life experiences with Him)
- the key is to not change what you do but changing your attitude toward what you do.
-can become best friends of God through continual meditation
- when you think about a problem over and over in your mind that's called worry. When yout hink about God's word over and over in your mind, that's meditation.
-Friends share secrets, and God will share his secrets with you if you develop the habit of thinking about his Word throughout the day.
"Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises." Psalm 25:14
-- what can i do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?
"Draw Close to God, and God will draw close to you." James 4:8
"He offers his friendship to the godly." Proverbs 3:32
"He offers his friendship to the godly." Proverbs 3:32
-bitterness is the greatest barrier to friendship with God. Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?
-great opportunities to obey the Lord may come once in a lifetime, but small opportunities surround us every day.
-I must choose to value what God values. Paul is the best example because God's agenda was his agenda, and God's passion was his: Psalm 69:9
-This will happen because the more you become God's friend, the more you will care about the things he cares about.
-Philippians 3:10
-"Pain is God's megaphone." (C.S. Lewis) it's God's way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy.
-I'm as close to God as I choose to be.
--what practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?
-great opportunities to obey the Lord may come once in a lifetime, but small opportunities surround us every day.
-I must choose to value what God values. Paul is the best example because God's agenda was his agenda, and God's passion was his: Psalm 69:9
-This will happen because the more you become God's friend, the more you will care about the things he cares about.
-Philippians 3:10
-"Pain is God's megaphone." (C.S. Lewis) it's God's way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy.
-I'm as close to God as I choose to be.
--what practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?
Today many equate being emotionally moved by music as being moved by the Spirit, but these are not the same. Real worship happens when your spirit responds to God, not to some musical tone. In fact, some sentimental introspective songs hinder worship because they take the spotlight off of God and focus on feelings. Your biggest distraction in worship is yourself- your interests and your worries over what others think about you.
-There is no "one-size-fits-all" approach to worship and friendship with God. One thing is certain: You don't bring glory to God by trying to be someone he never intended you to be. God wants you to be yourself. "That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship." John 4:23
-Be specific when you praise him. If someone approached you and repeated, "I praise you!" ten times, you'd probably think for what? You'd rather receive two specific compliments than twenty vague generalities. So would God.
-Another idea is to make a list of the different names of God and focus on them. God's names are not arbitrary; they tell us about different aspects of his character. In the Old Testament, God gradually revealed himself to Israel by introducing new names for himself, and he commands us to praise his name."
-When we say I can't be there tonight, but I'll be there in spirit. That is worthless. Because if our body isn't there neither is our spirit.
-God wants all of me.
--which is more pleasing to God right now- my public worship or my private worship and what will I do about this?
Day 14: When God Seems Distant
-There is no "one-size-fits-all" approach to worship and friendship with God. One thing is certain: You don't bring glory to God by trying to be someone he never intended you to be. God wants you to be yourself. "That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship." John 4:23
-Be specific when you praise him. If someone approached you and repeated, "I praise you!" ten times, you'd probably think for what? You'd rather receive two specific compliments than twenty vague generalities. So would God.
-Another idea is to make a list of the different names of God and focus on them. God's names are not arbitrary; they tell us about different aspects of his character. In the Old Testament, God gradually revealed himself to Israel by introducing new names for himself, and he commands us to praise his name."
-When we say I can't be there tonight, but I'll be there in spirit. That is worthless. Because if our body isn't there neither is our spirit.
-God wants all of me.
--which is more pleasing to God right now- my public worship or my private worship and what will I do about this?
"The Lord has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my hope in him" Isaiah 8:17
Friendships are often tested by separation and silence
how awesome when Job remained faithful even though nothing made sense, his faith was strong in the midst of pain: "God may kill me, but still I will trust him" Job 13:15
Point to Ponder: God is real, no matter how i feel.
Verse to Remember: "For God has said, 'I will never leave you, I will never abandon you.'" Hebrews 13:5
How can I stay focused on God's presence, especially when he feels distant?
0 comments:
Post a Comment