6/01/2010

Day 2: I am Not an Accident

Purpose Driven Life
What on Earth am I here for?
Thinking about my Purpose
"I am your Creator.  You were in my care even before you were born."  Isaiah 44:2
"God doesn't play dice" -Albert Einstein
Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. 
"all the evidence available in the biological sciences supports the core proposition... that the cosmos is a specially designed whole with life and mankind as its fundamental goal and purpose, a whole in which all facets of reality have their meaning and explanation in this central fact."  -Dr. Michael Denton, senior research fellow in human molecular genetics at the University of Otago in New Zealand .

Day 3: What Drives your Life?
Purpose Driven Life
What on Earth am I here for?
Living on Purpose Is the Path To Peace
"You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you." Isaiah 26:3
What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?
     I would say that people think happiness and my own personal enjoyment is the driving force of my life.  I want it instead to be nothing about me but all about him.  I want the driving force is to be a light.  To be salt in this water and stand out and move and go where he wants me to go.  
5 Common Driving Forces in people's lives:
1) Guilt
2) Resentment and Anger
3) Fear
4) Materialism
5) Need for approval 
Benefits of a Knowing  your purpose:
1) Gives meaning to your life
2) Simplifies your life
3) Focuses your life
4) Motivates your life
5) Prepares you for eternity

0 comments:

Post a Comment